Originally Posted by artie505
I've got to revisit my last post.

At this point, I've read innumerable articles about the pre-impeachment trial maneuvering in an assortment of venues, and not a one of them has even gone as far as "Perhaps you're wondering why the question of the constitutionality of the impeachment trial hasn't been taken to the Supreme Court."

The lack of so much as a reference has now got me wondering if there's some ridiculously obvious joke that I'm missing.

Is the answer that apparent that the question doesn't even need to be addressed?

Heartening, but in the end probably meaningless, reading

Doesn't the Supreme Court have to have an issue brought to it by an outside party? The Court can not just step in and offer an opinion. Maybe so far no one has sought the Court's opinion, and those Senators questioning the constitutionality of the impeachment trial may not want the undesired definitive answer from the Court. Otherwise they would have to deal with the facts.

And yes, a very heartening article.

On a Mac since 1984.
Currently: 24" M1 iMac, M2 Pro Mac mini with 27" BenQ monitor, M2 Macbook Air, MacOS 14.x; iPhones, iPods (yes, still) and iPads.