Originally Posted by MartyByrde
Well, today is the day my wife and I get the first dose of the vaccine. Sure glad the network we have been using notified me back in January about the availability of appointments to get the vaccine. There have been many horror stories from qualified folks that are having a devil of a time trying to get an appointment. Also, there are some first come, first serve locations, and one of my wife's friends, and another couple, had to wait more than 3 hours for their shot! No way could we endure that!

Well, things went quickly and smoothly for my wife and I. We actually arrived about 15 minutes early, but we were able to get in rather quickly, as that facility had things very well organized. They provided the Moderna vaccine, which I was glad to get. I got my shot at 1:03 PM, and my wife got hers at 1:02 PM. We both had to then wait 15 minutes before we could leave. Meanwhile, the staff made the appointment for the second dose. That will be on Thursday, March 4th, at 2:20 PM for both of us.

So, all in all, very smooth. And I did not feel a thing with the shot! In fact, both the flu shot I got back in August, and the second Shingles shot I got back in March, hurt more.

Last edited by MartyByrde; 02/02/21 01:33 AM.