I am anticipating making the move from Catalina to Big Sur very soon, as 1) V11.2 of Big Sur will be released very shortly, 2) I've been testing V11.1 of Big Sur on an external SSD, and except for SuperDuper! and Tech Tool Pro, and a couple of very minor glitches, it works fine, and 3) it appears that Micromat is getting real close to releasing an Intel-based version of Tech Tool Pro that is compatible with Big Sur (just like Carbon Copy Cloner). I will then be left with an upgrade for SuperDuper!.

I just had an EMail conversation with Dave Nanian of Shirt Pocket Software about the status of SuperDuper! and Big Sur, and I did not get anything definitive from him. So, I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me if they are using the latest version of Carbon Copy Cloner, V5.1.23, with Big Sur and Intel-based Macs. Also, my use of CCC will be the same as it has always been for SuperDuper!: a complete erasure and formatting of the destination APFS-formatted volume, then a copy/clone of my system (everything on it) to that volume. That suits my needs just fine, as 1) I have never had the need for incremental backups, and 2) I do such backups once a week for both of my Mcs.

In any event, would appreciate feedback.