Hi guys,

Thanks for keeping this thread alive. I was intrigued by the post mentioning Overdrive, but the site where it was supposed to be is "404". Anyone have a way to get it to me?

I did drop the WD drive into the Acomdata enclosure because it touts 48-bit logical block addressing on the box. But the drive still is only recognized as 128 GB in that case as well. It has an Initio chip INIC-1530SL on board. I was expecting to find an Oxford chip, maybe? The Maxtor box has an Oxford OXFW911-TQ-A on board.

I still do not see the 500GB drive I was hoping for to backup the LaCie Drive to, but I tried the lacie anyway and noticed the power supply emitting a low whistle. First time I heard a power supply. And apparently not enough power to spin up the drive, although it also clicked, which I didn't remember hearing before.

I've been using firewire and that was my intention all along, but is there anything to be gained by connecting via USB to get the 500 gigs recognized? I've borrowed a win/vista laptop to try but haven't had the chance just yet.

I neglected to mention that the drive is set to cable select, as it arrived from the manufacturer. This is as the Maxtor drive was set. Although AcomData stated to set it as master, I made no change and didn't see a difference. Will also give the master setting a try, but was concerned about having two external drives on the same firewire bus. Does firewire make this a moot point?

Thanks again,

Mark Harrison

Last edited by fymbscu; 11/12/09 05:46 AM. Reason: added last paragraph re: jumper settings