Originally Posted by jchuzi
Maybe Washington state is not running out of vaccine, but New York State definitely has a shortage. I had had an appointment to be vaccinated last week but that was cancelled because there were not enough dosages. My appointment has been rescheduled for tomorrow but my county, although promised 1200 doses, will probably only get 1000. All of NYS is affected.
The next few weeks here in Washington state could be revealing regarding the vaccine. So far, there have been very few, if any, issues up here. But as I mentioned above, with the governor on Monday announcing a more aggressive roll out of the vaccine, the main issues will be 1) how fast can the re-supply of the vaccine happen, 2) how fast and efficient the distribution is, and 3) how many folks actually sign up to get the vaccine. Last week when I visited my cardiologist, and had some lab work done right after the visit, the woman who took my blood said that she is going to wait to get to vaccine, so that she can see what side effects, etc. occur. Although she is not in this next eligible group (like my wife and I), I wonder how prevalent such thinking is.

But once again given that we will be getting the vaccine from a hospital which has already been involved since the beginning with administering the vaccine to eligible "groups", I am confident (and rightfully so) that they have enough for both doses that my wife and I will need.

Last edited by MartyByrde; 01/20/21 09:08 PM.