The Astra Zeneca vaccine is the Oxford one. It's made here and easy to handle/refrigerate. But supply is an issue, so second jabs are being offered after three months, instead of three weeks so that as many as possible can get their first jabs before the second is delivered. My wife had her first a couple days ago. Despite going to bed with chills, she feels fine now.

I got a text today offering me a range of dates and locations for my jabs. So, Monday, I get my first a short train ride away, then the 2nd on April 16th. To me, this means that lockdown last until the end of April at the very least. Maybe by autumn, things will start returning to "the new normal".

I put a lot of trust in the NHS. You have to – London has the highest Covid death rate in the world right now.

My wife's 80th birthday is 14 April. I've booked her favourite restaurant, just in case we're allowed. I have not lost all hope. Yet...

iMac (19,1, 3.1 GHz i5, 12.7.4, 40 Gb RAM); MacBook Air (1.8 Ghz, 8 Gb RAM, 10.14.6, 256 Gb SSD) Vodafone router and Devolo Wi-Fi Extender, Canon TS8351 printer/scanner.