Originally Posted by freelance
My wife (79) had her vaccination today. They phoned her up – can you get down her now? Central London, Astra Zeneca jab, second jab on April 6th. I'm 73 and in the next wave. Still, I had a call from my GP and made appointments to be seen for my diabetes and asthma, so the NHS is still functioning. Having said that, they are arranging to move patients into hotels to make room for new Covid cases and non-urgent operations are being cancelled. On the one hand, they announced the highest ever one day death toll yesterday, and confirmed that after 10 days of lockdown the new infection rate is decreasing.

Despite the shocking numbers, people I see outside my front window (I overlook a park) seem to be taking little notice of masks and social distancing. I despair...

Our oldest son lives in Richmond. He mentioned that basically all of London is shut down. In and around Seattle (we live about 20 miles south), there are still some places open. And for the most part, folks are good at following the COVID-19 protocols.