Originally Posted by joemikeb
We are over 80 and have complications but here in Tarrant County we are on the list to get a reservation for a vaccination and they are saying it will be "several weeks" before we will even be able to get a reservation which may be several weeks after that. Best case, we are looking March or April. In the meantime, there are currently no available ICU beds within a 50 mile radius. We are setting new infection records and new death records two or more days every week. It is not the fault of the County health department or the local health care network, They simply do not know from day to day how many doses they will be receiving. Surely that couldn't be because Dallas and Tarrant counties voted Democratic in the last election?! The same situation is apparently true in Harris (Houston), Travis (Austin), Bexar (San Antonio) counties and they all voted Democratic too.

Even worse news, all the Apple Stores in Texas have been closed until further notice 😢

Our youngest son lives in Frisco, Texas, about 30 miles or so north of Dallas. Will ask him about all that.

Also, we are getting our vaccinations at a hospital, and hence I suspect that is one reason why they have the vaccine already. We could wait and get it from our PCP, but they do not yet know exactly when they will receive the vaccine (it will be the one manufactured by Moderna).

My wife and I are just so relieved that we'll be getting the vaccine soon, but again, we will not "go crazy" in terms of easing up on the COVID protocols.