Originally Posted by ryck
Originally Posted by artie505
Originally Posted by ryck
No doubt about it....the man has gone over the rainbow. He is absolutely desperate to do anything that will prevent him facing the upcoming examination of his companies' books by forensic auditors. January 20 can't come soon enough.
I stand by my conviction that his desperation is, first and foremost, about avoiding being branded a loser.
Yes, there's that, but I also wonder what is in his business dealings that he is so desperate for the world not to see.
First, foremost, and back to his image of being a winner, I think, is the record of his dealings will knock the wind out of his claims about being a phenomenally successful businessman who's worth $10 billion.

And there's also the question of what foreign entanglements may be uncovered.

The apparently fraudulent activity documented in the media seems to have been exempted from prosecution by the statute of limitations, leaving civil tax (+ interest & penalties) collection as the state's avenue against him unless more recent criminal type activity is uncovered.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire