Originally Posted by artie505
Originally Posted by MartyByrde
Well, as I've been saying all along, it seems there are still some bugs/issues with Big Sur, even V11.1. The beta for V11.2 was released yesterday: ....
Out of curiosity, since (as joemike has pointed out) there are likely to be at least 6 updates to macOS 11, as there have been to each of the past five OS versions, at what point will you feel comfortable upgrading, and why will you find any version short of 11.6 palatable?

Myself, given that I have to wait until Tech Tool Pro has a compatible version, I have made the final move by the time the .3 version of the Mac OS has been released. That has always worked well for me. (In a way, it's good that Tech Tool Pro is last, as by that time the new OS has really settled down).

For Catalina, though, there was one major glitch that came up with a subsequent version. V10.15.5 initially wrecked havoc for SuperDuper! (SD) and Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC). CCC did introduce a version that addressed that issue, whereas SD did not. But Apple shortly thereafter released V10.15.6 of Catalina, and that issue in V10.15.5 went away.

Last edited by MartyByrde; 12/18/20 09:24 PM.