Originally Posted by joemikeb
Originally Posted by MartyByrde
Well, as I've been saying all along, it seems there are still some bugs/issues with Big Sur, even V11.1. The beta for V11.2 was released yesterday:

If you followed the beta releases, as I do, you would be aware this has been the pattern for the last several years. Throughout the lifetime of a major OS release there will be a update release roughly every two months. For beta testers that boils down to a beta release every two to three weeks and toward the end of a beta those have sometimes come every day or two. Late in the lifetime of an OS version it isn't unusual for beta releases of the next major version and the final updates to the current release to overlap. In fact the first beta of 11.0.1 was in the hands of beta testers before the official release of MacOS 11. The early updates generally include features that were announced but for one reason or another were deemed unready for public release.

This same pattern is mirrored in iOS, iPadOS, TvOS, and WatchOS and in fact all Apple OS releases are pretty much in lock step and all the releases including betas are generally within a few days of one another. Yesterday I installed beta updates on 3 Macs, 1 iPhone, 1 iPad, 1Apple Watch, and 2 Apple TVs. The sole item is noted in the various release notes was making an iOS/iPadOS feature available other situations. That doesn't mean there aren't any bug fixes included, but if there are any, they are too obscure to be noted in any general testing.

It seems that in the "earlier" versions of a new Mac OS, such beta releases happen faster. But as the OS matures, they come later, and eventually stop.