Originally Posted by joemikeb
Originally Posted by artie505
the newest release, and on an ongoing basis, will no longer clone a volume that's backed up by Time Machine. (Rats! Forgot to copy the text.)
If you can find that information, I would like to see it. I have looked everywhere and cannot find it. FYI CCC Version 5.1.24-b1 (6130), which I installed yesterday evening, happily backed up/cloned my data volume last night and that volume is most definitely backed up by Time Machine.
It was in the v 5.1.24-b1 (6130) release notes, which can't be recalled, but which I realized I could recreate by launching an un-updated version in my clone.
Originally Posted by CCC
CHANGED: Time Machine backup volumes are now explicitly disallowed as source or destination selections on Big Sur. We're not planning to offer support for cloning to or from volumes that are flagged as Time Machine volumes.
Rereading it now, though, I think I may have misunderstood it, because not being a Time Machine maven, it never occurred to me that you could clone either to or from a TM backup.

Clarification please.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire