Originally Posted by artie505
1. Was that procedure spelled out, clearly and step by step, on your screen, or did you need to have it on your iPad screen or on paper for reference as you went through it?

2. What happens if, as I do, you use the fn key as a hotkey?

3. Any idea why [/b] doesn't work in SHOW EMOJI & SYMBOLS above but does work in this instance?

1. The procedure was not spelled out in toto rather step-by-step or a few steps at a time. Some from the Rogue Ameaba installer, some from System Preferences, some from the boot process, and some from the Recovery Assistant. The final steps were outlined in the beginning by the Rogue Ameaba installer. NOTE: The security setting change only has to be performed once on each boot volume and after you have gone through the process a time or two it becomes automatic. I have found TinkerTool 7.01 to be an invaluable upgrade as it has the ability to clean the driver staging so kexts that you attempt to install that end up being rejected by macOS 11 don't show up asking to be approved for installation every time you boot the system. I have a couple of those one from softRAID and the other from Micromat.
  2. 🤷‍♂️ I suppose you will have a conflict unless you disable one of the actions.
  3. 🤷‍♂️ again

Originally Posted by artie505
I couldn't even find ACE in the Audio Hijack package, and I'm still not certain that it isn't actually a d/l.

At any rate, I guess the procedure can't be avoided, which may tend to be a major PIA down the road, because, at least recently, ACE has had to be updated with each AH update.
According to Rogue Ameaba the same ACE kext is at the heart of each of their products
Originally Posted by RogueAmeaba
If you use Airfoil, Audio Hijack, Loopback, Piezo, or SoundSource, you may already be familiar with the name “ACE”. ACE is the audio handling component which powers these applications, making it possible for them to capture and adjust audio from other apps on your Mac.

On MacOS 11 (Big Sur), installing ACE for the first time requires authorizing it with the OS, and on M1 chip-based Macs, that setup has a few extra steps. The in-app installer provides an overview and will get you up and running in just a few minutes.

Fortunately, it’s a quick process, and it’s only required once. After you’ve authorized ACE for any app, you’ll be able to update and install our other apps with no further settings adjustments required.

Last edited by joemikeb; 12/06/20 02:38 PM.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein