Originally Posted by Ira L
While the startup key combos may have been ingrained in some of us, it seems simpler with the power button and an options menu. Also, very encouraging to hear about the speed increase, at least with installs.
I concur about the Power button. I am always looking up the various key combos because they aren't used enough to set them in my memory and, as I have said before, some of them work better if you have three arms and at least that many hands. 😉

I have one very minor gripe though, the TotalMount® under-desk mount for my Mac mini was designed with the power button on the left rear corner. On the M1 Mini it is on the upper right rear corner. The modifications to the mounting bracket necessitated the use of a ⅜ drill and a 13mm drill bit followed by cleanup work with a carbide grinder bit. Fortunately my woodworking shop is well equipped for such exigencies. Now comes the hard part, organizing and hiding the rats nest of connector and power wires on top of and below my desk. With the cooperation of Amazon and OWC I will hopefully have the don by Monday.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein