Originally Posted by joemikeb
Originally Posted by artie505
I'm not sure how that fits with Apple's statement that "[t]his article applies only to Mac computers with an Intel processor."

Can you actually reset NVRAM on your M1 Mac mini?
It fits when you erroneously conflate resetting the NVRAM with keyboard boot option commands. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Resetting the NVRAM doesn't work on most recent Macs. instead you have to reset the SMC (System Management Controller, at least that was the case on my 2018 Intel Mac mini.

As to the various boot options such as booting from the Recovery Drive (⌘R), since many Macs came with the boot chime disabled, and there is no double chime or double Apple icon on M1 Macs, pressing the keys before the power button and holding them until you see the progress bar will work on either Intel or M1 Macs.
Thanks for that.

OK, you confused me about NVRAM when you inserted the irrelevant to his thread boot commands into the equation.

I've never had occasion to reset NVRAM on my 2019 16" MBP w T2 Chip, but according to the linked article I can do it.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire