Originally Posted by MartyByrde
[For me, it's just so handy using its eDrive feature (along with Onyx). And there have been a few times where some of its features did resolve some minor issues I was having.

Given that I rarely, if ever, have issues by 1) doing a lot of disk cleanup on my own, 2) run Onyx and Tech Tool Pro every week, and 3) run SuperDuper! every week (thus keep my Macs "lean, mean, and clean"), I'll continue to use it.
I’m not suggesting you shouldn’t continue to use TTP, I am simply saying that this morning I looked at th upgrade price and I can no longer justify it.

As far as eDrive goes, I was a big fan when it first came out, until I realized the increasing stability of MacOS had reached the point where the odds of mechanical drive failure were equal to or greater than volume or file corruption and eDrive would not be available in that case. So I switched to ProToGo on a thumb drive and later on a repurposed laptop drive in a bus powered enclosure. Then Apple changed the game and the eDrive or ProToGo would only boot the system it was created on, so Micromat offered a universal boot option by using a copy of the Recovery Drive. If I were going to use the Recovery drive, why did I need to drag around a bootable copy of it on a disk or thumb drive and keep it current? The final nail in eDrive’s coffin for me was, thanks to iCloud, I found I could easily get by with less than half the storage capacity I used to consider minimal, and save $$ on hardware, and thus had little room to spare for an eDrive. But that’s just me, and YMMV 😜

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein