Originally Posted by kevs
Joe this issue came up because ARtie did that in this thread, said reinstall Excel even though he has no idea if that will help at all. Which is 99% of time a super time draining waste of time.
Yes, I did suggest reinstalling...
I did some searching and came up with answers ranging all the way from reinstall Excel to reinstall the OS.

Personally, I'd try reinstalling Excel. (Emphasis added)
but in the face of your apparently having no viable alternatives it was with the totally reasonable idea that it might work, which without being able to recreate your problem and test the idea is the best I or anybody could do.

And joemike seconded my motion and suspicions exactly two posts later...
I can understand why verification would takes so long with Xcode (the application package is nearly 16GB in size) but not Excel. That together with the fact it continually re-occurs, makes me suspicious of a damaged application package. The easiest and quickest fix for that would be to re-install Excel. (Emphasis added)

What IS "a super time draining waste of time," and that's 100% of the time, is arguing that something else is a waste of time 99% of the time rather than trying it to see if your issue maybe falls into the 1%, particularly when you've run out of alternatives and trying it will take less time than you've already wasted arguing that it just probably won't work.

Troubleshooting a problem isn't always about somebody having the answer at hir fingertips; it often extends far beyond "I know," deep into "what if" territory where only you can venture, this is one such instance, and if you're really interested in solving your problem, you'll go the distance.

Last edited by artie505; 11/16/20 10:42 AM. Reason: Clarification

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire