Originally Posted by jchuzi
Originally Posted by plantsower
Do you think I should wait a little while? I'm not in the mood for glitches. My Message app is already acting up with people's text responses above my questions!
I never upgrade to a new OS until it has had at least one, and preferably two, updates. I always check to see that my critical apps will work before upgrading.
Given that I don't tend to hold onto old apps or old versions of apps, other than expected utilities such as TechTool Pro, OnyX, and SoftRAID, the vast majority of my 199 apps were compatible with Big Sur from the Get Go and the rest have been updated to be Big Sur (and Apple CoS) compatible already. (I did find a few I didn't remember or know what then do/did and therefore deleted, but unsurprisingly those have not been missed.) I The choice of when to take the step is, of course, entirely up to you but assuming your apps are up-to-date I would anticipate no issues. If you have elderly versions of Microsoft Office or Adobe suite you have been coddling along for years then all bets are off on whether or not they will run.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein