I live in the nation with the highest number of COVID infections, and deaths, per day in the world and climbing; in the state that leads the nation in all those categories; in the 16th or 17th largest city in the nation and racking up 1,000 to 1,500 new infections every day. Yesterday, I was in a store, buying a key fob battery for my VW, when a maskless middle-aged man, in a power wheel chair, rolled up and demanded entry. When the store manager politely but firmly, refused him entry unless he put on a mask in accordance with state guidelines, city and county regulations, company policy , and store policy. the man returned to his car “to get his gun”. Fortunately, The police (and his 2 twenty something sons) intervened before he was able to navigate the curb to retrieve his M-16. No tracking system, even if Texas could be induced to attempt instituting one, can hope to contend with that level of ignorance and attitude. Even if someone like that was informed they had been exposed, or maybe especially if they had been so informed, they would likely espouse their Constitional RIGHT to infect anyone they came in contact with.

Last edited by joemikeb; 11/11/20 08:18 PM.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein