Originally Posted by artie505
Originally Posted by Mike
To be very clear – existing backups are unaffected, and this has no effect on CCC's ability to preserve your data, nor any effect on the integrity of the filesystems on your startup disk or your backup disk. The impact of this bug is limited to the initial creation of a bootable backup. (Emphasis added)
I remember seeing that, but it didn't affect me, because I wasn't on its turf. (What possessed you to revert your OS?)

(For someone who runs SuperDuper! you're awfully well versed in CCC's ins and outs.)

The reason I went back to OS 10.15.4 was that I wanted a workable backup/clone. For whatever reason, Dave decided not to update SuperDuper! when OS 10.15.5 arrived (and caused booting issues). Maybe he was in more "direct" contact with Apple, and they might have told him the issue would be fixed in V10.15.6. Just my guess.

And thank you for the compliment about the ins and outs of CCC. Given that both SD and CCC are similar, and CCC is an excellent program (as is SD), I do like to keep up with what Bombich software is doing. However, I do not watch it that closely.

Last edited by MartyByrde; 10/30/20 12:26 AM.