I test every newly created CCC task for "bootability" immediately after creation, but after that I ride the initial success. (Also, I run QuickBoot, which gives me quick ongoing assurance that things at least look as expected.)

At least in my instance, OS X's wealth of glitches early on fostered a feeling of insecurity which resulted in my checking things multiple times, maintaining an arsenal of troubleshooting tools, running DiskWarrior every month, etc, but over the years, OS X/macOS has become so stable (Many thanks to beta testers like joemike!) - so much so that I and others have lamented having forgotten our basic troubleshooting procedures - that I no longer find insecurity to be a necessary component of my computing experience and, although with MUCH difficulty, I've been weaning myself from procedures that have morphed from wisdom to neurosis.

And my experience has been that the same can be said about many of the apps I run.

Thanks for that final link. It sets me straight.
Originally Posted by Mike
To be very clear – existing backups are unaffected, and this has no effect on CCC's ability to preserve your data, nor any effect on the integrity of the filesystems on your startup disk or your backup disk. The impact of this bug is limited to the initial creation of a bootable backup. (Emphasis added)
I remember seeing that, but it didn't affect me, because I wasn't on its turf. (What possessed you to revert your OS?)

(For someone who runs SuperDuper! you're awfully well versed in CCC's ins and outs.)

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire