Originally Posted by joemikeb
From personal experience running, release notes from the current version of CCC, correspondence with the developer of CCC, Mike Bombich, information is multiple threads on FineTunedMac.

I assume you remember when Apple released V10.15.5 of Catalina. It basically broke both SuperDuper! (SD) and Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC). CCC did release a fix, but SD did not. I actually went back to V10.15.4, but then the issue was resolved in V10.15.6 (and is OK is V10.15.7).

I did hear back from Dave about this, and he stated the following:

"We are forced to use asr (not ssr) to make a bootable copy, and since it doesn't work yet, we haven't been able to test with it, other than to prove it doesn't work.

I do not know when Apple will fix their tool. We've been asking all summer."

Originally Posted by joemikeb
Apologies, I misspoke when I said OpenOffice, I meant to say NeoOffice which is LibreOffice with a dark mode See the compatibility notes on their download page if my personal experience is insufficient.

No problemo. I have not heard of LibreOffice with a dark mode. But I suspect a version of (the "normal") LibreOffice with Big Sur compatibility will be released soon. Again, though, I can wait, given that I will not be moving to Big Sur until, most likely, in January. In the meantime, I'll do just fine with Catalina.