OK, so I can get on the internet with my iphone even with cell data turned off. I can get on the internet with my older 2012 Mac, but not with my newer one except off and on. I keep having to shut down and reboot, change my DNS numbers to the original for the ISP as recommended by Network Diagnostics, but that didn't work. Then in another note N/Diag suggested using an open DNS. Whatever. Nothing is working to get me connected to the ISP.

Since I can get on the internet with my older Mac which has Catalina (though sometimes it's sketchy), and my iPhone internet works, but now not my Newer Mac, is there some other setting that may have gotten screwed up? I turned off all my extensions to make sure that wasn't it, but nothing changed. I am just glad my Older Mac is working at the moment. If it's my ISP, why does one mac work and not the other one, and why does my iPhone connect to the internet. They all have the same router and ISP.

I looked online and I am definitely not the only one with these problems since upgrading to Catalina. I'm not sorry I did because like I said earlier, my bank's website didn't work anymore with Sierra. Here is an article explaining what I can do but " changing the location" part scares me. What do you think? Catalina not connecting to wi-fi fix

I'm so frustrated.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8