I do use wi-fi. I'm wondering why I can't just go to the App Store and d/l catalina w/o going through recovery which obviously isn't going to work for me. frown

Originally Posted by joemikeb
Originally Posted by plantsower
Well I did what you said and it caused me to have questions:

When I choose network, my only choice is Direct-vS-FireTV.9fe4 which is my Firestick. If it's okay to use that I will, but when you say password, do you mean my administrative password for my Mac or the router password?

I don't know why it isn't giving me the name of our network, but the last time I tried this years ago it gave me no network choices at all, so this may be better somehow.
There are two places where you may be asked for your password...
  1. You may be asked for the password for an account on this computer which would be your administrative password
  2. When you are establishing a connection to your WiFi network for access to the internet which would the password for your WiFi network, If your WiFi network is not secured then it will not prompt for this password and may have joined it automatically. If you do not use WiFi to connect to the internet then there is no reason to logon to the network and you can skip that step. I would not recommend using the Firestick network.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8