Well I did what you said and it caused me to have questions:

When I choose network, my only choice is Direct-vS-FireTV.9fe4 which is my Firestick. If it's okay to use that I will, but when you say password, do you mean my administrative password for my Mac or the router password?

I don't know why it isn't giving me the name of our network, but the last time I tried this years ago it gave me no network choices at all, so this may be better somehow.

Originally Posted by joemikeb
Since you are not saving anything there is no need for all the gyrations we went through before. All you need to do is...
  1. Shut down your computer completely
  2. Press the power button then hold Option+Command+R (⌥⌘R) until you see a rotating globe icon to boot from the Internet Recovery Drive.
  3. If prompted, enter the password for your account on the computer you are upgrading
  4. If prompted, click at the far right end of the menu bar to select your network and enter your network password
  5. When the Internet Recovery Drive completes booting, select the option to Upgrade/Install MacOS. This will install the latest version of MacOS that is compatible with your computer
  6. Follow the on screen instuctions. Your computer will download the update and install it. Your computer will reboot multiple times during the installation so don't get anxious, don't unplug, don't restart, until you see the logon screen and you are "good to go".

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8