Originally Posted by ryck
AdobeResourceSynchronizer

Could not find.

Canon IJ Network Scanner

Canon Applications folder had two “Scanner” folders (Utility and Selector) but neither of the applications could locate my printer.

TrackballWorksHelper

Could not locate a TrackBall folder but did have the TrackBallWorks dmg. However, it would not open …got message “”Kensington TrackBallWorks.pkg” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer. Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the App Store and identified developers.”

Microsoft AU Daemon

Could not find this in the Microsoft Office 11 folder or in any of the nested folders.

Those were yellow flagged and had a blank file type so they were not being loaded and therefore unlikely to have any impact on performance unless there is an application or applications that are searching for them when they launch.

DiskWarriorStarter

As directed have left the good one in place.

• DiskWarrior is an unknown as V5 does not work anyway with my system.

Since it does not work on your system then Why not delete it? It is useless.

I tend to keep things updated - that is, the apps I regularly use. However, I do have a number of apps (other than those shown above) that are seldom, if ever, used. I wonder if I should go through them with CleanApp and trash the ones not generally used.

Periodically, I go thorough a spate of housecleaning, usually just before of just after a major MacOS upgrade. My rule is if I can't remember what an app does or the last time I used it, it goes. Probably doesn't help performance, but it sure cuts down on the distractions and makes it easier to locate what I really need.

In ~/Library/Contacts > Preferences I found many more “Address Book” plists so, knowing that plists rebuild after a reboot, I turfed them all.

com.apple.AddressBook.abd.plist
com.apple.AddressBook.plist
com.apple.AddressBook.plist.Dgasgj0
com.apple.AddressBook.plist.MOPrw2t
com.apple.AddressBook.plist.UB6BQ3E
com.apple.AddressBook.sync.plist

Since those were all under the Contacts umbrella, you are probably okay, but not all plists are preference files and not all plists are automatically recreated. For example, LaunchAgents and LaunchDaemons are all property list files with the .plist file extension. So you should not delete files with the .plist extension cavalierly.

Since you are still faced with slow loading another thing to try is launching Activity Monitor and watch it while launching other applications to see if you can get a clue about the slow launching from it. Look for apps that may be spiking in CPU, Memory, or Disk use when an app is loading,

NOTE: Activity Monitor will use a lot of CPU cycles but you can discount that as you are only sunning it for test purposes.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein