Originally Posted by joemikeb
Originally Posted by artie505
I don't remember exactly when, but unless I"ve lost it altogether, Apple bestowed upon us the ability to delete partitions from the drive into which we're booted, albeit with a strong data loss caveat, sometime back in OS X.

And you even suggested it in one of Rita's threads a while back but rejected the idea because of the potential for data loss.
If your have a spare bootable drive that is partitioned you are welcome to give it a try, but I think you will find you have to boot from the Recovery drive to do it. If I suggested it, I was having a senior moment at the time. 🤔

How to delete a hard-drive partition on a Mac spells out the procedure I had in mind for Rita...no booting into Recovery or even another volume required, but I didn't think erasing the partition first was necessary.

It would probably have required Rita's Sierra partition to have been the first partition on the drive.

I'd experiment, but I've got neither HFS+ capability nor the means to create it.

I don't get these uninstall utilities! I've got FindAnyFile set to show both visible and invisible files, and I run it with both the app and developer name, and I don't think any utility can find even as much as it finds without monitoring apps in real time to watch as they create new files.
The app you are referring to is no longer available, but I have found that some apps have multiple developer names and spray "stuff" all over the system. I usually find the detritus a couple of years later as orphan or unused files.

Find Any File is alive and well.

Indeed, there may be stuff that FAF can't find because we don't know to ask it to search for it, but it will find more of an app's detritus than any app removal app other than one that's tracking file creation in real time.

And finally, why wouldn't you want a clone? (You run CCC.) What are we supposed to do in the event of a catastrophe if we haven't got an Internet connection? Carry a RAID unit around with us?
Actually I have an iPhone and I can turn on a WiFi hotspot and download the Recovery Drive or Internet Recoverey Drive over the cellular network. I've done it. It is not terribly fast, but it works.

And what if you're in the boonies and have got neither cellular nor Internet service, which is hardly an unlikely situation?

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire