[color:#CC0000]OK, so the library I have on my Finder drop down is the users library. It's just when someone says go to the user blah blah blah, I don't know where to go from there. So, I guess when I go to that "users library" I don't look for the word user but the next words that follow. I don't know why this is so hard for me.[/color]

Originally Posted by joemikeb
Originally Posted by plantsower
Thanks, Jon. I believe I already have the library in my drop-down Go section. Funny, but in one of the steps in the link you sent me, it showed a library in the drop down and it showed the home button. So, I thought maybe it was a different library as there are two, right? I just can't always get to the user file very easily. I do sometimes in round about ways but can never r remember how I got there. frown
Drop Down Box

Actually there are three Library folders:
  1. /Library -- at the drive root that has information pertinent to all users on the system.
  2. /System/Library -- In the System folder that has information pertinent to the system itself. You don't want to monkey around in this Library as it could damage the system or even make it unbootable.
  3. /Users/yourname/Library (shortcut name ~/Library) -- Information pertinent to you alone.

You want that last one. The easy way to get there is press ⇧⌘G (shift+command+G) and enter ~/Library/Autosave Information Don't forget the tilde!

Originally Posted by plantsower
and how to:

Examine the log in Console.app to see if some input manager is causing Bean to crash on start up? (My Bean word processor app doesn't work now that I have Catalina. I d/l'd the one for Catalina but it keeps crashing. The above was suggested by the author of the app to fix it but I don't understand how to do that.)
  1. In Finder navigate to /Applications/Utilities/Console and double click on it
  2. In the Console sidebar click on Crash Repoprts
  3. Look for one named Bean and click on that
  4. The crash report should open but I doubt you or I would understand it
  5. Click somewhere in the crash report and press ⌘A to select the entire crash report
  6. Press ⌘C to copy it into the clipboard
  7. Paste that into an email to Bean's developer and let him interpret the problem. I didn't see Bean in the Console.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8