Originally Posted by plantsower
Nope. It didn't d/l nicely like the previous one.
🤷‍♂️ Apparently it worked for Artie. Try again using this URL

Originally Posted by plantsower
On another note, I got a message this morning: The operation couldn't be completed. PK download error error 3. I looked it up and got this: Would you recommend this or is there something else I can do? There were a lot of other posts on that page and all were people who had the same problem of Catalina not downloading even if they were going from Mojave to Catalina. It made them want Steve Jobs back to make heads rollhttps://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0AeusBln3weOwYZXCfvJHO3mw#RITA-V3_PDF! LOL!

★ Helpful
User profile for user: samahart samahart
samahart
User level: Level 1
(9 points)
Oct 19, 2019 1:54 PM in response to saied160

I read a lot of the posts with the same error and after being on the phone with Apple for a couple hours myself this is what worked (reinstall from macOS Recovery):
Fully shutdown Mac
Hold power on, Option+Command+R
You should see the spinning globe
You might also be asked to connect to a network
MacOS Utilities should open
Select “reinstall macOS”
It should show the Catalina update
If not, repeat this step (to remove the Mojave option)
This Apple link is helpful too: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904
I was going to suggest installing from the Internet Recovery Drive (which is what this is), but Apple's documentation indicated updating from a clean drive or Sierra might not offer Catalina as an upgrade choice and you would then have to upgrade via the App Store. Rather than take a risk I elected to go directly to the App Store but I was unaware of download issues from there. I am sanguine there are people at Apple tearing their hair out over this. Too 🤬 many ifs. However, it sounds as if you have things well in hand?

"All you've got to do is own up to your ignorance
honestly, and you'll find people who are eager to
fill your head with information"
--Walt Disney