I just re-updated my external drive just for the heck of it and it left this on my desktop. See screen shot below. Catalina and Mojave are empty but the Mac HD has stuff in it. This has never happened before when I used the external drive so I'm Screen Shot of Desktop not sure what I am supposed to do with these icons. Plus the new changes in the FTM website take some getting used to. No more ability to look up my old posts in an easy way that I can see. I tried to contact admin but the email bounces back as it has done before, so I contacted tech.

Originally Posted by artie505
What do you think of my idea of trying a dynamic deletion of Rita's two extraneous internal partitions while she's booted into Sierra on her internal?

If it's successful, everyone saves a whole lot of time and effort and she can move right on to upgrading to Catalina, and if not, she remains at square one, i.e. still having to erase her internal.

Sierra on her external must, of course, be totally current, i.e. a mirror of her internal, but that's inherent in anything she does.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8