Originally Posted by plantsower
Right, but I still need to somehow be able to free up the space that the Catalina and Mojave partitions are taking up. That's why I am waiting more instructions before I d/l Catalina. I guess he didn't look at my profile regarding which version of Sierra I have, so at least that part should be simpler. I think I also told JoeMike I don't need to transfer Sierra to my internal drive since I have it on my external drive and also my older Mac. smile If I didn't tell him, that, I should have. Even when I have put older versions I thought I would like to keep on my external drive, I rarely, if ever, used them.

Originally Posted by artie
I think "going for broke" is your best approach at this point. If it works, you're home free, and if it fails, you can still fall back on joemike's instructions.

By "going for broke" I mean deleting those extra partitions while booted into Sierra on your internal. It may leave that incarnation of Sierra unbootable, but the backup on your external covers that possibility.

And if Sierra remains bootable afterwards, it'll be a snap to upgrade to Catalina.

Important: Is Sierra on your external current/up to date?

I'm suggesting this only because for some bizarre reason you're unable to erase you internal while booted into your external.

Last edited by artie505; 09/01/20 07:07 AM.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire