Originally Posted By: Ira L
Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Originally Posted By: Ira L
Both are interesting to those of us who may not be running beta versions of osMac 11 (also known as 10.16) and it seems as if the first list will be updated as things progress.

As to what it is called, I take my cue from this. Some of the graphics issue reported in the second article are not present in the current public beta or at least not on my Mac mini.

That may be what it is called to the general public, but I have read a couple articles discussing the fact that lots of current software check the System version before running so that it can present itself in a compatible manner. They look for 10.x.x and act accordingly. The author said that lots of code would need rewriting to address 11.x.x. Maybe it's simple, maybe not but Apple later said it would use both 11.x.x and 10.16.x notation, at least initially, internally for these kinds of checks.

Eventually Apple would probably expect software to be capable of addressing 11.x.x as well as 10.y.x, where y≤15. grin

Sounds similar to the initial issues when OS X went from 10.9 to 10.10 rather than 11.0.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire