Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Anker has a "Store" on Amazon so I doubt payment for placement is an issue.

I'd be surprised to learn that Amazon doesn't sell placement, same as supermarkets do.

On the other hand, though, why should Anker pay to prominently place the highEST priced option in the category when they're the industry leader to whom users who want high-end product go?

Chances are they lose some low end buyers who might be tempted by their high end products, but not enough to justify fishing for them.

I suspect the cheaper versions appear because they add Anker to their list of keywords because it is a market leader.

Sorry, but I don't follow that.

Personally the ones I use are these but either should do the job.

I like my compact adapter because of its aesthetics on top of its making a side by side setup workable.

Heresy: Your cables look so much more substantial than Apple's and so much better joined to their business ends that they may actually be strong enough to be tugged on to overcome the side by side conundrum (An USB C port isn't overwhelmingly tight.)...and I"ll bet that the thought isn't lost on many of Anker's customers...nor, maybe, on Anker.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire