Originally Posted By: joemikeb
My Mac mini is standing vertically on one edge but the connectors are still a PITA.

I searched Amazon for USB C to USB adapters, and on the basis of favorable reviews of the brand by you in particular and others I wound up with this guy, which enables this.

It's not ideal, but it's probably the best that can be done under the circumstances: each of the adapters is accessible and manageable.

Note that the Anker listing specifies "This adapter doesn’t have a 56K ohm resistor," which, if I understood what I read, COULD POSSIBLY result in one"fried" component or another if you use the adapter for charging, although the article wasn't specific about situations that may result in such damage.

I wonder if Anker balks at paying Amazon for placement, because my "USB C to USB adapter" search turned up a bunch of CHEAP, i.e. 2 or 3 packs for less than $10, similar devices, but the only Anker result was cabled.

If I hadn't know to search specifically for Anker, I'm not sure what I'd have done, because even before becoming aware of the 56k ohm resistor caveat I wasn't thrilled by the ridiculously cheap prices for a device such as this one.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire