Originally Posted By: plantsower
you might try logging onto a 5GHz channel (channel 44 and up). Not only would this eliminate possible interference from Bluetooth devices, but you would also get up to 4 times the bandwidth (speed).

I don't actually know how to do this. It was such a nightmare setting up my router (see past posts) that I don't want to fiddle with it. If it is something I can do on my Mac, then directions, please.

I can't help you deal with channels, Rita, but you MAY be able to log in to the 5GHz network without dealing with your router.

Navigate to System Prefs > Network > Network Name, and click on the arrow to reveal the drop-down.

I'll hope that you can identify your own network, and if you can, you may find that it's listed twice: once followed by a "5" and once followed by a "2.4."

If that's the case, simply make sure that the "5" is selected.

On the other hand, your router may be like mine, which (used to, but) no longer identifies the two bands separately and simply bounces from one to the other on its own depending upon which one is giving better service at the moment.

If that's your situation, you MAY be stuck.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire