Password is not in keychain. I read where resetting PRAM or SMC helped some. I'll try that tomorrow.

Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Originally Posted By: plantsower
Thanks. I did what you said, but there is no auto join column to check on either Mac. There is a "remember networks this computer has joined" box which is checked. The home network is already on top.

So nothing I did was different. frown

And I thought this was going to be easy 🤔 What we have here is a setting that has been moved and an 81-year-old brain trying to remember where the 🤬 it used to be. So let's try this again. Once again in Catalina, in the initial System Preferences > Network window the name of the network appears along with a checkbox to Automatically join this network. I vaguely remember something similar in older versions of MacOS, but I don't remember exactly where it was/is. Look around and see if you can find that somewhere in the Network window or a similar window.

If you find that option and it is turned on, the next thing I would check is to see if the password is in your keychain. Which would prevent automatic connection.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8