In Mail, I have one account for myself and one for my wife. Mine is working normally but hers can send email but not retrieve them. If she signs into her webmail account at Spectrum, she can see her emails from there.

I have tried the following:

1. Her account initially was offline so I put it online.
2. I toggled the account offline and then online.
3. I rebuilt her mailbox.
4. I used Disk Utility to run First Aid.
5. I quit Mail and relaunched it.
6. Restarting did not solve it.
7. At first, Outlook could not retrieve her mail either. I reset the password and Outlook succeeded in downloading her email.
8. I re-applied the Combo 10.15.6 update.
9. A phone call to Spectrum was non-productive. The rep told me that, since webmail was working, I would have to contact Apple.
10. There is a warning triangle at her mailbox. When I click it, I get the following:

Online Status

There may be a problem with the mail server or network. Verify the settings for account “cchuzi RR” or try again.

The server returned the error: Connections to host POP-server.hvc.rr.com on the default ports failed.

Please advise.

EDIT: Apple had me delete my wife's account and set it up again. Now, I can download her emails but she lost all her previous emails. Time Machine does not respond when I want to go back to this morning to restore the emails. I am currently running First Aid on Time Machine. Unfortunately, I got cut off from Apple and am trying to re-establish contact.

If I need to restore her emails, which file do I look for in either a clone or Time Machine?

Last edited by jchuzi; 07/30/20 06:33 PM.

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365