Originally Posted By: artie505
Not that I'm a cable buyer, but out of curiosity, which ones are you calling "braided," and in what sense do you find them to be "more durable" than Apple's?

Since David hasn't replied yet, I will put in my 2¢. "Braided" cable refers to the outer protective sheath that surrounds the cable which in Anker's case is made of very tough braided nylon making the cable very difficult to cut, strip, or tear. They can turn the blade of a sharp knife. There is no "free lunch" so braided cables tend to be a bit less flexible, but they are ideal for any rough and tumble environment such as the cab of a working truck. One other thing, the braid is generally in a bright color which makes it very easy to find at the bottom of a working person's toolkit, purse, briefcase, whatever. Their ruggedness and visibility make them ideal for use in the cab of our motor home.

Originally Posted By: artie505
Also, do you have an opinion on Anker's adapters, which involve circuitry beyond their cables?

If you very carefully peel back the hard plastic covering of a lightning, or Thunderbolt connector and look with a decent magnifying glass you will find they have almost microscopic electronic circuitry embedded in the hard plastic. (There is more than one reason why Apple, and Intel, insist that cables must be "certified" to carry the Thunderbolt imprint.) That said, Anker has a solid reputation as a preferred provider of hubs and docks, power banks, chargers, wired and wireless headphones and speakers, cables and adapters. Over the years I think I have, or have had, one or more items from every Anker product line and I know that none of them has ever failed to perform.

NOTICE: I have no relationship whatsoever with Anker Products other than being a satisfied customer.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein