Quote:
However, sometimes I place an ad, later; and the same Loon might reply again; and then CL issues a new code I guess and you have to subjectrd to the goofballs new email... Even if you are lucky enough to see an identifying name in from of the long gobbly gook code. Hope that made sense.
There is no way to avoid the first message from a Loon because only you can determine who is loony, but once identified you can easily block emails from them.

I believe you will find that From contains John brown without the encoded CL stuff will work. The downside is that would pick up any email from any John Brown so you could miss desirable messages. That is the purpose of the two cascading rules...
Code:
If all of the following conditions are met

From does not contain reply.craigslist.org

Stop evaluating rules
which would prevent the following rule...
Code:
If any of the following conditions are met

from contains john brown

delete
from executing. This means they would likely have to be the LAST two rules in the list.

COMMENT: Mail rules are helpful but they have improved very little, if any, over the years and their weakness has always their very weak logic structure which makes cascading rules as I suggested necessary, and some reasonable choices impossible. 🤬

"All you've got to do is own up to your ignorance
honestly, and you'll find people who are eager to
fill your head with information"
--Walt Disney