Originally Posted By: kevs
thanks Joe, then like you I'll definitely wait for Apple So chip.
What SoC mean? Like Southern California??

More like System On A Chip

Originally Posted By: keys
Well my computers are not on at night, I do sleep them, so maybe that's why it's asking?

Unless your computers are powered off automatic updates take place. Once again I believe the trigger is the system reboot.

My complaint is not just about supporting old computers, but even software gets worse. Even on Rick Beato's music you tube channel he was railing about itune and other Mac software what was so much better when Steve Jobs was alive.

So I'm using the iphone now, but I have to say: itunes is so horrid on the iphone. The playlist get shuffled, and mixed up, and bungled and mangled.. very hard to deal with. Itunes on old ipods and itunes on imac was way easier and more intuitive and elegant in previous years. So on software they always to to make it different... People gotta do something for being there and getting paid!

For what it is worth, my playlists have remained stable through several Mac, two iPad Pros, and a number of iPhones, but all of my devices are synced through iCloud, which might make the difference. As to the rest, as Apple has spread to tens of millions of users across the globe the truth of the following quotation becomes more apparent...

Originally Posted By: President Abraham Lincoln
You can please some of the people some of the time,
all of the people some of the time,
but you can never please all of the people all of the time.

... my superior ipod 5 no longer works with Mas OS.

Unfortunately, at ten years of age, your iPod is, by official policy, obsolete and dropped off of the support queue. I have never been a fan of the iPod Touch and once I got an iPhone all my various iPods got shoved into a drawer never to be seen again.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein