Thanks Joe this APfs is all new as it's mandatory to format the boot to apfs, (not data partitions that can still be apple journaled) for super dupers workaround due the Catalinas mayhem created by Apple. Here is overview on desktop:
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/rFfDZkXm/Screen-Shot-2020-07-09-at-11-06-25-PM.png[/img]

See at bottom is my bank hard drive I bring in every few months --the last Segate one listed --. The partitions I made years ago are still there, and I did the laborious super duper reformat of Bank Mac HD ok , apfs, and I cloned the Apple Mac HD the data from Main 5TB above to that correspondin partition,

Here is new issue. My desktop version of that hardrive, now called untitled. I just decided to erase it, after accidentally erasing the data part/ partition I made, and then becoming fully discombobulated and I did not see, and still don't see two seperate partitions, on lower final Segate back below for the bank.

What happened to the partitions? When you erase a disk the partitions both go/ get erated? I should now just partition again?