I downloaded Safari Technology Preview 14.0 this morning, and it is exactly what was shown during the Keynote. It is fast enough that any speed difference one way or the other is unlikely to be detectable in normal day to day use. The new customizable startup screen is cool, but not a game-changer as far as I am concerned. The Privacy Report is also a cool feature and while there may be other sources of information on tracking, it is definitely a convenience. (Even my wife is becoming concerned with how much of what she does on the web is being tracked.)

As a result of start-up prompts, I did discover some new extensions and added Grammarly to those I already had. I haven't made up my mind about Grammarly yet, but it is definitely a far more stringent grammar checker than the one that comes with MacOS. You all will have to judge the improvement, if any, in my spelling, grammar, and punctuation. (Any improvement in my punctuation would be worthwhile.)

Originally Posted By: jchuzi
I don't mind the changes provided that BS allows dark mode to be disabled.
Just because you don't like it does not make Dark Mode "BS". Personally I like it -- a LOT. It is a matter of personal choice and you can activate or deactivate it in System Preferences > General.

Last edited by joemikeb; 06/26/20 05:15 PM. Reason: Add jchuzi comment

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein