Originally Posted By: keys
Thanks Joe - so then you recommend the Malware bytes $12 year for both iphnoe and ipad- or just iphone? ( I have ipad pro use more rarely)

Any worry of false negs or positives on text or phone filtering.. but say they do keep in a folder for review

It is working well for me on my iPhone as I said. It replaced three other apps, all of which had subscription fees, so there was a cost savings. I still get the rare spoofed call wanting to sell me a long term maintenance policy on my car or similar, but in today's marketing environment I suppose that is inevitable. (I have learned that not even a total whitelist environment can provide 100% protection against spoofers.) Because of the way MalwareBytes works with texts, I know for certain there have been no false positives or negatives there, and the ad blocking appears to work as well as any short of using TOR (and I haven't found a really satisfactory version of TOR on the iPhone).

As to its use on the iPad, there is of course no call blocking, so it is less functional but it is still a decent ad blocker and there isn't a lot of choice on either iOS or iPadOS.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein