Thanks for getting back to me, Ira. I can actually send texts from my Mac to Androids, etc. as long as I am connected to the internet. It just sends it in SMS mode. Same with the iPhone. That's not the problem. Usually, when I send or receive a text, I can see it on my Mac and on my iPhone. That wasn't happening. But, somehow, yesterday, it cleared itself up and is back to what it was. Why it glitches from time to time I can't say. It's frustrating, and Apple has no answers that actually work all the time.

Rita

Originally Posted By: Ira L
Text messages from Messages on your Mac can only be sent to another Apple device. Your computer does not have cellular service like your iPhone, so it is dependent on sending via the Internet and for some design reason, that means only to other Apple devices. On your iPhone the blue and green text message bubbles tell you if the message is going to an iDevice (blue) via the Internet or via cellular (green). [this may or may not address your issue smirk ]

With regard to syncing, on your Mac check the iCloud System Preference settings and make sure the desired apps are checked as using iCloud. Sorry I can't be more specific about location with Sierra osMac.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8