Originally Posted By: kevs
Thanks Joe. Yes, I have the SSL, just saying, the Godaddy charges more for "managed care"; cost triple $180 year instead of $60 where they tweak all your pages, is mixed content... wordpress, or traditional html... I just wonder if ones needs to continue year after year with managed, once all set up? I would guess yes..?

Does you page layout and content change or is it stable year after year (effective web sites do change and evolve regularly)? Your answer to my question should answer your question.

Originally Posted By: keys
ON Deluxe security, it's $180 more per year, mostly because of that firewall. Why so much more because of a firewall. Is a firewall that expensive to have every year? Would seem it's just a software and should be an extra $20 year not $180?

Without doing a thorough analysis of the services offered I can't explain the cost differential, but web hosting is a VERY competitive business and it is unlikely that any vendor is going to get too far out of line in pricing their services. They may package them differently and use different titles but the bottom line price for equivalent levels of service will almost always be in the same small ballpark.

Originally Posted By: keys
Also Malwarebytes for both desktop and laptop? I only use laptop for TV viewing and occasional business.... no externals hardrive or very important internal hardrive data on it... though it is tied to my icloud...

MalwareBytes for iOS/iPadOS and Android is a very different animal from MalwareBytes for Mac or MalwareBytes for windows. On iOS/iPadOS. It provides Ad blocking. Text Message filtering, Call blocking, and Web protection.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein