Originally Posted By: kevs
Joe, thanks, how can one sync or even have bookmarks that are not in the browser?

A bookmark is nothing more than a URL. I have well over 100 bookmarks stored in a DEVONThink 3 database and I have recently discovered that I can drag and drop a URL anywhere in the system. The resulting file type is a "WEBLOC". Double click on a webloc and the url will open in the default browser. As weblocs are just a file they can be manipulated or stored just like any other file, but they are not hard linked to any particular browser. The bookmarks you see in Safari, Firefox, Chrome, etc. are simply a collection of weblocs stored in the browser for convenient access and can be synched via iCloud, or any other online service just like any other file.
Originally Posted By: keys
I think Google results will be more accurate? I remember competitors like Alta Vists, and even now Bing, and the results just suck, not accurate like Google for things...

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I get the bests search results from DEVONAgent Pro that runs on my computer not in a browser and uses a variety of search engines some of which you probably have never heard of.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein