Originally Posted By: kevs
Artie, "but I avoid the data collection issue by NEVER logging in. grin"

I'm logged in because they it sync my bookmarks between desktop/ laptop. Critical-and iphone and ipad as well, all 4.

Can Duck do that? And Duck uses it's own engine? Which I'm sure not a good.. gotta give google credit, has best results. Though I agree, "don't be evil" even they decided to discard that motto.

I don't worry about bookmark syncing, because the only device I use for browsing/searching is my computer, but for your purposes, I wonder if one of the bookmark syncing apps I see listed on MacUpdate would do the same job Google is doing and enable you to get by without logging in (but I've got no idea if those apps can deal with DuckDuckGo).

And what about iCloud? Can it sync your bookmarks?

I think I read that DuckDuckGo uses Google as its search engine and modifies its results. The times I tried identical Google and DuckDuckGo searches my results were similar, but not identical, and in all instances I preferred Google's results.

Originally Posted By: kevs
Though I agree, "don't be evil" even they decided to discard that motto.

In favor of Ellen's "Be nice," no doubt! tongue grin

Last edited by artie505; 05/06/20 05:23 PM.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire