Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Originally Posted By: artie505
Now, can anybody explain what Rita's router might have been doing to have caused her problem?
There are literally hundreds of lines of HTML and JavaScript involved in an Amazon page and it is not the easiest to read code so I am not particularly interested in spending hours digging through it to verify my suspicions. However my speculation is the router is blocking a link to an external page that it either doesn't like or is unable to handle for inexplicable reasons. If my speculation is accurate it could be a combination of a change, probably minor, in the code for the page on Amazon's part and out of date or faulty firmware in the router.

What routers do has always been a mystery to me. Thanks for clarifying at least a small part of it.

Based on what you said, it sounds like there's a possibility that Rita's simply having updated her firmware may have cured her Amazon problem without her having bought a new router.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire