Originally Posted By: kevs
I'm not a conspiracist -- and I loathe those types, but geez, why would American Dental Association, say go to three month, when 6 month for brushes was fine for years? (who knows... good lobbying? just guess)

I am not a conspiracy theorist either. My take on shortening the lifespan of toothbrushes was new research or higher standards.

Originally Posted By: keys
What are examples of why you might want "Wake for network access". I cant think of any so good to ask.

I often access the Mac mini I use as a server which sits in a cabinet with no monitor and no keyboard from my Desktop Mac mini and/or iPad Pro using my Local Area Network. I have also been known to access my Desktop Mac mini in Texas using an iPad Pro from remote locations such as Walt Disney World in Florida via the internet.

Originally Posted By: keys
You router has protection; and Malwarebytes is on top of that..? It still a flip of the coin, but info is good. thanks.

The router offers one kind of protection (it blocks access to sites known to be used by malefactors) Malwarebytes offers another kind of protection (it detects and quarantines any malware that may have been installed on my computer), Wipr works within Safari to block access to sites that may have gotten past the Router, Cookie protects my privacy by deleting tracking cookies installed by legitimate web sites. None of those duplicates any of the others instead each serves a unique purpose in a comprehensive protection scheme.

If I were truly paranoid and/or trafficking in sensitive data I would also use the TOR browser. or A VPN (Virtual Private Network) that hides any traces that could serve to identify me or my computer and uses onion routing to conceal my location anywhere in the world.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein