Originally Posted By: kevs
Thanks Joe, I think it's plugged into a normal long 6ft. power strip with probably a surge in it.

You get what you pay for with surge protectors. As a rule of thumb any surge protector that costs less than $35 or $40 is probably worth less than $2.

Originally Posted By: keys
That said the Hub company said to do a reset/ reboot of the hub every once in a while like you do with a computer.

That is a new one on me, but it makes sense in that hubs are electronic devices. I do know manufacturers recommend replacing surge protectors every three or four years because as the components wear they are slower and slower to respond to a power spike and therefore more and more likely to let a damaging surge through to your expensive computer, monitor, etc.

What is the SMC trick? Never heard of it.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

And the Malwarebytes, I may get premium. Have it saved you yet in any way? Do mac really need it like windows does? Ransomware or other attacks? Still may get on board with that...

Does the Mac need it like Windows does? In a word no, BUT there are more and more assaults targeting the Mac. MalwareBytes did deject a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) once but I don't remember what it was (I didn't want it and had no idea where it came from).

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein